Teaching and Learning Program
Chapman Primary School works with families to assist students to become responsible, caring and cooperative learners who actively participate in a broad curriculum that serves their present needs and provides a secure grounding for later learning and living. The curriculum has strong emphasis on developing literacy and numeracy skills as well as exploring rich concepts through Integrated Inquiries. Quality programs support the academic, emotional and social needs of each student.
The development of students is our core business. We believe that every student can learn and that every student must have sustained opportunities to learn. It is our responsibility to provide the conditions and experiences that provide equitable access to high quality learning for all students.
We aim to develop students who demonstrate resilience, respect, integrity and independence; and who will be able to
- Think critically
- Have a sense of community
- Be able to find out things
- Express themselves for a range of audiences
- Have confidence to make choices, and
- Self manage
ACT Public School Term Dates 2021 – 2025
Friday 29 January
Monday 19 April
Monday 12 July
Tuesday 5 October
Friday 28 January
Tuesday 26 April
Monday 18 July
Monday 10 October
Friday 27 January
Monday 24 April
Monday 17 July
Monday 9 October
Monday 29 January
Monday 29 April
Monday 22 July
Monday 14 October
Friday 31 January
Monday 28 April
Monday 21 July
Monday 13 October
We do not recommend that children bring special treasures or toys to school unless specifically asked for by their classroom teacher. It is often difficult for children to care for these properly at school and the chance of breaking or being lost is high.
Transferring from or leaving the School
Please inform the school's Enrolment Officer if your child is leaving Chapman Primary School.
Some important things to think about when leaving the school:
- Please return any borrowed school property such as library books.
- It is helpful to give as much notice as is possible so that personal items can be gathered and returned.
- Advise the school if you are moving to a new residential address or if phone numbers and email contacts will change as we often come across precious can be forwarded to you.
- Please inform your child's classroom teacher as early as possible to allow time to prepare written reports.