The school gates open at 8.30 am. The school day at Chapman Primary School begins at 9.00 am.
Before school student assembly areas
Junior Playground for kindergarten to year 2 students
Senior Playground for year 3 - 6 students.
- Students must not play on playground equipment before or after school.
- Students must dismount and walk with bicycles, scooters and skateboards when entering school grounds.
- Students arriving via the Perry Drive entrance must dismount and walk bikes from the road entrance. It is not safe to ride bikes, skateboards and scooters on the Perry Drive footpath or carpark roadway .
The school respects the basic values of the home and promotes socially acceptable behaviour based on the fundamental principles of:
- the right to learn/teach without disruption;
- care and consideration for each other;
- care of the environment and property;
- the right to feel happy and safe at all times.
The school has a Behaviour Management Policy, Building Positive Relationships, which states that children are responsible for their own behaviour. With teacher assistance, children have drawn up a comprehensive list of acceptable behaviours in classrooms and the school playground. The policy outlines various steps through which a child progresses, depending on their choice of behaviour.
Communication with parents is always made when the child's behaviour indicates that this is necessary. Parents are requested to inform the teacher or principal when a child's school work or behaviour might be affected in some way by circumstances not known to the school (eg serious illness in family or separation).